Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting Ready

So, I have guidebooks,mosquito repellent, sleep sacks, wrapped Ben 10 toys, thanks to a good friend, and a good attitude. I am not a clean freak by any means. However, I want to avoid "Dehli Belly". Some things I read about India scared me a little, like getting flashed by a Eunuch. I have lived and worked in some tough neighborhoods, so I feel I have "street smarts" and survivor skills. My husband has been in Mumbai for a week now and he says no one has hassled him so perhaps I will just take India as it comes. I have read of blonde kids getting pinched so I told my 6 year old blonde Draven he may be like a Celebrity there. He liked that but if it is real bad I told him we will put his long locks in a turban and give him some shades to cover his baby blues. After some reading about children being mammed so beggars can use them to tug at the hearts of tourists, I will probably do my best to ignore them instead supporting the economy by just shopping, eating etc. All and all I am going with the intention of having a meaningful life changing experience for myself and Draven and Drake, my kids. I love yoga and meditation, and have been working on easing my way back into it while healingy adrenals. I originally planned on chilling out in Goa after checking out Mumbai, but I cannot leave India without visiting some amazing caves and temples as well. While I like to stay in one area awhile with just three weeks I want to see what I can without rushin myself or stressing the kids. This is going to be amazing!

4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of an India blog. I would join you in a heart beat if circumstances allowed. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys!!
    and for us, as I know we're going to be receiving some great pics
    and stories.
    I'm sending prayers that no flashing eunuchs cross your path!
    Happy & healthy travels to you all!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I send you with a blessing of health, safety and adventure. As my Dad use to tell me, "Have fun and be good!" And I use to reply, "Daddy, you need to make a choice. I can't do both." So have fun and be good. Draven and Drake, I already miss you. My love, Mommy Ann and NaNa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, sista, give us the low down, how was the trip over? You all good?

    ReplyDelete